Private Lessons & Staff
Tennis Professional Staff
Head Tennis Professional
Matt Halfpenny, Elite Academy Director
- Elite Academy Director, SBRC 2011-Present
- Head Men's & Women's Tennis Coach, Norfolk State University 2009-2011
- Assistant Women's Tennis Coach, The College of William and Mary 2006-2007
- Assistant Men's Tennis Coach, North Carolina State University 2002-2006
- Assistant Men's Tennis Coach, Brown University 1999-2002
- Developing and recruiting American and International Collegiate Players
- 4 year scholarship starter for Charleston Southern University 1994-1998
- Competed in USTA Middle State section 1986-1994
- Competed in USTA National Tournaments (Clay Courts, Hard Courts, & Indoors)
- Competed in ITF International Tournaments (Grass Courts, Orange Bowl & Easter Bowl)
Eric Mahone, Developmental Academy Director
Eric is USPTR tennis certified with playing experience as a high school and collegiate player. He has served as an assistant and head college coach and personal coach of highly ranked junior players.
· Head Tennis Coach at the
· Boy’s Head Coach at
· Assistant Coach at
· Five Seasons Sports Club in
· Tennis Director and Head Professional at Morris Park Country Club
As a personal coach, he has coached 8 USTA Top 100 nationally ranked players and 3 that have reached top 400 in the ITF World rankings. Many of his players have gone on to play at the Division 1 level. He Coached the St Joseph's High School team to a runner-up finish at the state tournament and Ryan Keckley as the individual state champion.
Bio to come
Laura recently rejoined the SBRC staff after spending three years in Houston, TX teaching tennis. She was an accomplished junior player and received a scholarship to play at Indiana State University. Laura's passion for teaching stems at junior and adult development. Laura believes every lesson should be a perfect combination of mental and physical development.
Roger has been with the club since 1977, and has been the manager since 1985. Roger has a business degree from Indiana University-Bloomington, and was a local high school tennis player and plays USTA adult leagues. His wife Lori and children, Spencer and Grace are also avid players.